Winning Child Custody Strategies

RSS Feed for This PostCurrent Article

How do you file for child custody without an attorney in Broward County, FL?

child custody
Lina Q asked:

I need to file these papers as soon as possible. Also, my baby’s father and I are not married. Also, do I need to wait for the child custody hearing to then file for child support. I am looking for full custody.

Be Sociable, Share!

Trackback URL

RSS Feed for This Post8 Comment(s)

  1. florida gal | Jul 3, 2008 | Reply

    Quite honestly, I don’t recommend filing without an attorney. You always need representation in these cases.

  2. K B | Jul 11, 2008 | Reply

    You can go to the county courthouse, division of family law and request the paperwork that you will need to file. They will charge you a fee for submitting this paperwork. However, I do not advise that you do this without the aide of an attorney. This can get very complicated and you will need the legal advise and experience of a qualified attorney.

  3. Razor Jim | Jul 13, 2008 | Reply

    If you want to lose custody just go down to the court house and ask for the papers, fill them out and pay the fee. Then say goodbye to the kids.

  4. cruisepuppy7452a | Jul 15, 2008 | Reply

    You need to file child support asap, and you can do this yourself at your local country govt. or state office. You need to give the father’s info, ect. They will collect funds for you, send them to you. That is number one. Second, child support isn’t like filing car ins. You need a good lawyer. There are too many variables that can arise that you need a lawyer to help you with. Don’t try that on your own. Work out a payment plan with him or her, and they will tell you you will get shared custody, but you will retain sole physical custody. This means, barring any physical, alcohol, drug abuse, violent history on either side, he will get visitation rights. You can see if you can arrange supervised visits, if there is suspicion of the issues I mentioned above. It doesn’t have to cost a lot. You can get this anywhere from 300.00 to thousands depending on your ability to pay and hire an atty. Do the child support tommorrow. It takes time for the papers to work through the system. They fail to pay, you have the state to help you get the funds you are to have for your kid. Its based on ability to pay, so if he isn’t getting a great deal in pay from a job, you will get what they can from him. Make sure you let them know of any and all assetts he has. They will search for you for hidden ones. You do this with tax forms, ect. If he is hiding funds, they will get them for you. Good luck

  5. Tia S | Jan 8, 2010 | Reply

    Hello My name is Tia and myself and my husband the childs father would like to file for custody of his 13 year old son and we live in a different state than the child does. We don’t have the money to hire an attorney to help us. We don’t know how to go about filing for full custody of the child, who in turn wants to live here with us. He states that he is being mistreated and unloved because of who his father is and because the family doesn’t like his father. he also states that every time he asks his mother can he come live with his father and I, his mother beats him. What exact papers should we file to begin obtaining custody of our child. I love hime vey much and he is such a loving child (just like his dad). It breaks my heart to see him go home whenever he is allowed to come visit. His mother puts his father and I through so much to have our son come to visit us. I don’t know what else to do. i would spend every dime I had (if I had any) to get custody of this child, that’s how much I love him and his dad. Please someone tell me what steps to take to get custody of our son. I don’t know the first thing to ask for.


  6. family law attorney | Mar 15, 2010 | Reply

    Came across your blog when I was searching yahoo I have found the bit of info that

  7. daisey | Aug 24, 2010 | Reply

    any suggestion how to win full custody of a child i am the respondent the father is the petitioner

  8. frank | Aug 23, 2012 | Reply

    I can buy the joint custody packegged,but the 300$ fee I wanna no will they work with me in pay in the 300$ fee so I can pay mouthly.I don’t need a lawyer,I have written info on what I do for my lil I need a lil info on doing that…plz call me at (954)303-7183….or (954)818-6933.. my name is frank Jr. Thank u..

RSS Feed for This PostPost a Comment